Depending on the Level of Assistance Desired, our law firm will help you seek expungement of a criminal record under the New Mexico Criminal Record Expungement Act (NMCREA). Our fees do NOT guarantee a result, and once we start working on your behalf, our fees become non-refundable.
Help Remove Mugshots Only. This requires you have already obtained expungement, and are seeking assistance in removing reference to your arrest from the Internet. We will generate demand letters on your behalf, and send them to relevant websites, including mugshots.com and others.
Prepare Paperwork Only. This is ONLY AVAILABLE for identity theft and arrests only, not convictions. We will prepare the paperwork necessary to file a petition with the court. You will need to take appear on court on your own under this option.
Prepare Paperwork and Go to Court. This is ONLY AVAILABLE for identity theft and arrests only, not convictions. Not only will we prepare the necessary paperwork to file a petition, but we will also appear on your behalf in court and coach you as appropriate.
The All Inclusive (Non-Conviction). This is ONLY AVAILABLE for identity theft and arrests only, not convictions. We will do all the above, for as long as it takes. We will coach you. We will contact the DA’s office, talk to other witnesses and character witnesses to maximize your chances of success.
The All Inclusive (For all matters, including Convictions). Obtaining an expungement for a conviction is a lot of work, and the chances of success will greatly depend on a number of issues outside our control, including whether the DA’s office will object, the availability of character witnesses, and a number of other issues. Therefore, we DO NOT have a flat-price for this. We simply charge for our time at the rate of $325/hour billed in 0.1hr increments. We need a $2,000 retainer to bill our time against, and you will be required to maintain this retainer balance over time, as we progress on your case. The final amount spent obtaining an expungement is difficult to predict, but it will be more than this initial $2,000.
For all but the Remove Mugshots only, we will:
- Open a matter on your behalf
- Build your case file
- Work with you to flesh out the best possible circumstances to argue your case
- File a complaint in the relevant court to seek Expungement under the Act
If we go to court on your behalf (Either of the All Inclusive, or the Prepare Paperwork and Go to Court, we will also:
- Attend all court hearings as necessary and work with you and the courts
- Coach you to help you represent yourself in the best possible light in front of the court
- Talk to character witnesses (if relevant), and work with you to build the best possible case
- Be honest with us at all times, and quickly provide all documents we request of you
- Attend all court hearings, professionally dressed, clean, well-groomed and ready to knock the socks off the judge
We reserve the right to:
- Drop your case, without any refund to you, if you are not honest with us or fail to attend any court hearing
- Request additional payment, if by your actions, we are unable to prosecute your case expeditiously
For the All Inclusive (For all matters, including Convictions):
This is NOT a flat-rate offering. We will work on your case, and charge you for our time billed at the rate of $325/hour. The $2,000 charged is a retainer to be used on your behalf, and you will be required to keep the retainer at the $2,000 level as we work on your case.