Foreign Corporation Registration


SKU: FS-FORM-FCORP Category: Tags: ,


Register a Foreign Corporation (S-Corp or C-Corp)

Only a law firm, with certified paralegals and licensed attorneys working on your matter, can provide you the features and security you need for a properly formed Foreign Corporation. Our exclusive benefits include:

What’s Included:

  • Lawyer Defined (TM). Only the very best will do for our clients.
  • Work With Professionals. L4SB employs certified paralegals and trained legal assistants, with immediate escalation to attorneys as necessary.
  • Same Day Service
  • Attorney-Client Confidentiality. Only a law firm like L4SB is governed by the Attorney Professional Rules of Conduct that requires client confidentiality to be treated very seriously.
  • Automatic Privacy. We only convey the absolutely minimum necessary to the state, in an attempt to maximize your privacy.
  • Articles of Incorporation. Used to obtain the stamped Articles or Certificate of Incorporation.
  • Stamped Articles / Certificate of Incorporation. Necessary to open a bank account, and depends on the state of formation.
  • Registered Agent Service. Used to receive legal service of process and tax documents.
  • Potential Attorney-Client Privilege. Read more about this below (including important limitations). Your interactions with our attorneys are privileged, and can provide an extra layer of confidentiality, privacy and protection in some instances.
  • Name Availability Verification
  • Compliance Assistance. Our systems will notify you of important dates and upcoming compliance tasks.
  • Personalized Dashboard. We are investing heavily in technology, and constantly adding new features to make it easy to keep informed, seek guidance, obtain assistance, and more.
  • Bank Account Anywhere. You can obtain a bank account anywhere in the US with our Foreign Corporations.
  • From Cradle to Grave. Filing a foreign entity may be your first interaction with us — we’ll be here to help you at every step, to provide legal assistance, advice, documents and much, much more (additional fees may apply).
Lawyer Defined (TM)

A L4SB exclusive. This means guaranteed high-quality processes and documents, to maximize your security, privacy, liability and asset protection, and much more. We won’t let you do something that can jeopardize your long-term safety, like our competition. For example, when our competition says you can use their address and provide “free mail service,” doing this violates USPS rules and therefore could be used against you and your company by a plaintiff’s attorney, if you ever found yourself in a lawsuit. We will also advise you, and help you setup your organization structure properly to maximize tax benefits, minimize liability, and ensure legal compliance in all jurisdictions you may operate.

Registered Agent Services

A registered Agent is a person or company with a mailing address (not PO box) in the state your company is registered who can receive service of process and governmental notices on behalf of your company. This is not a physical address for your company. The Law 4 Small Business difference: You’re not alone — We review legal notices sent to your company, and will give you feedback / guide you, if requested.

Potential Attorney-Client Privilege

Attorney-client privilege is a very complicated topic and is never absolute in all circumstances. It typically applies to communications between lawyers and their clients, and if it applies, it’s easy to lose if you’re not careful. To maximize the potential for attorney-client privilege with us, you are encouraged to include an attorney consult and to refrain from sharing your communications with us with any other party, except attorneys who are representing you. Please note that the assertion of attorney-client privilege is your responsibility, not ours. For example, if we are subpoenaed by a court of competent jurisdiction, any assertion of attorney-client privilege in such a circumstance will need to be made by your local counsel or by us if you hire us to represent you in such matter. We will not assert our privilege in any matter, unless we are being paid to represent you and have entered into an Engagement Agreement to do so.

This is a Filing Service, not a Legal Service

Legal services are governed by each state’s Professional Rules of Conduct, which convey numerous duties and obligations on attorneys that you may not normally expect. For example, when performing legal services, it’s critical an attorney does not create a conflict of interest with the client, as well as inform the client of any conflicts of interest. In this instance (for our Foreign Corporation filing service), we do not view nor treat this service as a legal service and therefore do not perform conflicts checking.

Client understands and acknowledges that purchasing the services herein are subject to the following:

General Terms and Conditions

  • This service includes our preparation, processing and handling (valued at $150) of your formation, and the submission of your application (remainder of fees). Our services are completed once your entity is formed, and we’ve completed any additional options or professional assistance you ordered.
  • We cannot guarantee that your desired company name is available, nor that it can be filed exactly as you’ve requested. For example, some states (and especially the IRS) have legal requirements on names (i.e. cannot use profane language or perpetuate a fraud) and some agencies have limitations on spacing, punctuation and capitalization.
  • You will be billed $129/year after the first year, for Registered Agent services. If your Registered Agent services is terminated, it is your responsibility to change it with the state where your company is filed. If you do not, L4SB may resign and that may cause your company to be put into “not good standing” status with the State. Or, if you don’t change the Registered Agent yourself, we may still receive legal notices on behalf of your company – but these notices will not be forwarded to you because you no longer have the service with us. This could expose you to default judgements.
  • When the “expedited” option is chosen, the timing show is approximated. Law 4 Small Business will usually begin to process your order on the same or next business day it is received, but we are dependent on a few factors which include, your response rate as well as the response rate of relevant state agencies and when necessary, the US Postal Service.

Refund and Cancellation Policy

  • You may request a refund, and provided that we have not completed any services on your behalf, may receive a full refund. There is NO REFUND for completed services. Please note that our services do INCLUDE the preparation, processing and handling (valued at $150) of the order that was placed.  This is true even if the entity formation is NOT submitted to the state (for whatever reason). If we have spent time on your behalf in the preparation, processing or handling of your order, we reserve the right to deduct $150 from any refund you request. *Preparation, processing and handling includes trying to contact you (email or phone) to verify and approve our work, even if you fail to respond to us.
  • Some of the additional options (RUSH fees, FEIN Acquistion, digital certificates, etc.) are NOT refundable
  • We will cancel your order, at our discretion, if you are unresponsive or otherwise fail to answer our questions to our satisfaction. If your order is cancelled, you may request a refund.  If a refund is deemed appropriate, it will be less $150 for our services related to the preparation, processing and handling of your order, and less any other services we have provided (i.e. if you ordered a document, and we sent you that document, we will deduct the cost for that document from your refund). Typically, we will not cancel your order, unless we have been unable to move your order forward for four (4) months or more.
  • If a refund is deemed appropriate and necessary following the details above, we will issue you a refund using the same payment method you used to pay for your order. If that fails (i.e. because we’re beyond the deadline to do this — typically six (6) months for credit cards), we will issue and mail a check to the name and address used on the payment (billing) method (i.e. if Joe ordered from us, but used Jane’s credit card, we will issue the refund to Jane).

Important Corporation Disclaimers

  • Local authorities, other state entities (i.e. taxation department) and the federal government (i.e. the IRS) may require disclosure of ownership information, although you should check to verify such disclosure is confidential.
  • You may be legally required to register your Corporation in your home state or in other states where you do business. Please consult with your CPA or a relevant business lawyer in the jurisdictions where you live and/or where you are doing business.
  • L4SB makes no representation as to whether you are “transacting business” in your home state, or any other state.
  • If we are subpoenaed by a court of competent jurisdiction, any assertion of attorney-client privilege in such a circumstance will need to be made by your local counsel or by us if you hire us to represent you in such matter. We will not assert our privilege in any matter, unless we are being paid to represent you and have entered into an Engagement Agreement to do so.

We do, and have a lot of ability to help you. First, if you’re wondering whether your company would be considered a “reporting company” for FinCEN reporting purposes, or you want to know who are your company’s Beneficial Owners, try out our FREE, anonymous expert system to help answer these questions. It’s available here.

We have BOIR (which stands for Beneficial Ownership Information Reporting, or BOIR) as an option. We can do it, for a nominal fee, or you can do it.

Finally, we offer outstanding, best-in-class, BOI compliance tools to help you understand when you need to submit updated reports. We’ll keep track of important deadlines, and be ready to answer your questions.

We receive this question a lot, despite our attempt to be price competitive with “the rest”. It seems every time we lower our price, the competition lowers theirs even further.

At the end of the day, we’re an actual law firm. Your questions are answered by licensed and trained professionals. We are able to extend attorney-client privilege and confidentiality to our clients. Our business/activities is/are governed by the professional rules of conduct for each state we’re licensed in, and we carry professional liability insurance. We have licensed professionals dealing with the registered agent’s office.

Regularly, we fend off private investigators, police investigators and more. Our people have the training to maximize the legal protections available to our clients.

So, we’re not the cheapest game in town. The “other guys” are trying to sell registration, we’re trying to sell relationships. There are many things we won’t do that the “other guys” will do, because we’re worried about our clients’ long-term success and we’re concerned with minimizing our clients’ long-term liability.

We can provide a range of services for our clients, where registering the Foreign Corporation is just the first step. This includes contracts, switching ownership of real property, resolving disputes, trademarks, and much, much more. You can do things things with this firm, relying on our training, experience, professionalism and confidentiality.

If you’re considering a cheaper option, ask yourself the following questions first:

  • How critical is privacy, and do I want the maximum protection available?
  • Do I want the ability to obtain sound legal advice?
  • Do I care about whether things are setup properly?
  • Is liability protection important, and do I want to minimize the ability for someone to “pierce the corporate veil” of my Corporation?
  • Do I care whether the folks I hire are trained professionals?
  • Do I care whether I can hold the company accountable for misguiding, or otherwise committing errors with my Foreign Corporation?
  • Do the “other guys” not disclose who they actually are, making it difficult to know whether their claims are actually true or they actually have the experience they claim to have?

If you answered “yes” to any of the above, you may want to think twice before hiring the “other guys”.

No, it is not.

Think of a “Foreign Corporation” as sort of like dual citizenship: You have two passports from two different countries, indicating that you are a citizen of two countries. You’re still one person. One social security number (at least from the US).

A Foreign Corporation is very similar: It’s one company that is registered in two or more states, so that it is lawful to conduct business in those states.

Depending on the tax status of your company, it could complicate taxes. For example, if your Corporation is taxed as a C-Corp, them you will need to apportion your company’s revenues between the various states its registered, and submit appropriate state tax income returns. Please consult with a tax professional to better understand how this works.

No, you do not.

But, it’s very hard to answer which states you do need to register your company in.

Our advice is as follows: You should be registering your company in each state that you’re lawfully “conducting business in”, as each state individually defines “conducting business” in their state.

It’s really hard to give you a set of rules for all states. What we can say is, if you’re “purposefully availing yourself” of a state, you’re doing business in the state. What is “purposefully availing yourself?” If you have a base operations in a state, that’s probably “purposefully availing yourself.” So would having W2 employees in a state. And, singling out a state for marketing purposes. Another general rule is, if 25% or more of your income is coming from one particular state, then you’re probably doing business in that state.

Each company is different, though, and just because you’re a consultant and a big client is in a state for 6 months, then you’re off to another state, probably doesn’t rise to the level of “conducting business in” a state. You really need to consult with a locally licensed business attorney to help you understand what a specific state’s requirements are, and whether your business falls within those requirements.

All we can do at L4SB, is provide general guidance in this specific instance.