Use the expert system brought to you by the law firm trusted by thousands!
- Constantly updated to reflect the latest thinking in the law and taxes.
- Written specifically with accountants, CPA’s, lawyers and entrepreneurs in mind.
- Written by business and tax attorneys with over 100 years of collective experience.
- Our expert system only asks you relevant questions, and disregards the irrelevant questions.
- Flags problems and inconsistencies you may not otherwise know about.
- Helpful information to explain the significance of certain questions.
- Accept our defaults, or drill-down into a number of areas at whatever depth is important to you and your business.
- Significant areas of customization for tax, voting, powers, duties, dissociation, intellectual property and more.
- Separate voting thresholds for “routine” versus “important” decisions. Fine-tune voting to obtain exactly the balance of power desired.
- Visual aid to see voting combinations necessary to carry a vote.
- Flexible control over which powers are reserved or granted to directors versus shareholders.
- Configure numerous shareholder restrictions, including confidentiality, devotion, non-compete, and non-solicitation.
- Permits special handling of intellectual property (IP) for the shareholders.
- Perfect for doctors, lawyers, accountants, agencies and other licensed professionals who require their shareholders to maintain specific licenses.
- Even specify a specific gender or maintain gender neutrality.
- Specific language for S-Corps and C-Corps. Supports multiple classes and types of shares.
- Shareholders can be individuals, businesses, or trusts (if permitted under the law), and full identification of each is addressed.
- Perfect for business leaders demanding a high-quality document without the price of an attorney (only hiring an attorney can provide a better document).
- PDF and Microsoft Word versions are provided so you can update and revise on your own (or with your attorney or CPA).
- Significant intellectual property (IP) intelligence – Perfect for software, app development, web development, film studios and other content or creative companies where members produce or contribute IP.
- Includes a detailed Next-Steps Guide, Tax Overview, How to Vote, and Shareholders and Directors Resolution Template.
- Includes a customized stock ledger and stock certificates.
- Template Shareholder Agreements and Bylaws are worse than worthless — they can be quite dangerous to the interests of corporations and their shareholders.
- Specific clauses are required to preserve S-Corp tax status, protect shareholders from heirs or ex-spouses, protect against piercing the corporate veil, and to address so many other contingencies most business owners never imagine becoming possibilities.
- A good Shareholder Agreement and Bylaws for one person could be terrible for another person. It’s critical your corporation’s Shareholder Agreement and Bylaws are customized to your needs and circumstances.
- Only a customized Shareholder Agreement and Bylaws meeting your and your business’s specific needs can maximize liability and asset protection.
- A good Shareholder Agreement and Bylaws can limit disputes among shareholders and prevent legal liability from accruing.
The Law 4 Small Business Difference
We take client satisfaction seriously. We are not in the business of up-selling or pushing services that won’t help you. We work as your partner to get the job you expect done.
L4SB is your long-term partner to help you and your business with the inevitable ups-and-downs, and everything in between.
We’re business lawyers, and we understand many small- and medium-sized businesses struggle just to meet payroll, let alone pay for legal services. That’s why we offer a range of flat-rate services, and reasonable hourly rates for everything else.
REAL LAWYERS REAL ADVICE
With over 200 years of combined business law experience, you can count on getting sound advice and solid representation.