A Professional Provisional Patent
All patent services are provided by Law 4 Small Business of Texas, PLLC, an independently owned and operated law firm separate from L4SB.
A Provisional Patent provides a “patent pending” status for 1 year, and buys you time to submit one or more utility patents. This is critical for two reasons: first, a Provisional Patent provides a “filing date” that will take priority over later-filed inventions, and second, patents are statutorily barred if they’ve been in the public for 1 year or more.
- Initial 30-minute patent consultation with patent attorney Kameron W. Kramer
- Case handled by patent attorney
- Patent attorney will guide you through the process and answer your questions
- Up to six (6) claims drafted by patent attorney
- Discussion and evaluation on best way to identify your invention in the Provisional Patent
- Professional drawings (additional option)
- Proper filing with the US Patent & Trademark Office
What’s not Included:
- A Provisional Patent application is NOT reviewed nor analyzed by the USPTO.
- This service covers up to the submission of the correct forms. It does not cover any work that may be needed after the filing.
- A Utility Patent Application is not included. A Utility Patent Application must be filed within one (1) year of the Provisional Patent in order to claim priority to the Provisional Patent.
- A Provisional Patent does not guarantee that a Utility Patent can or will be granted by the USPTO.