Foreign LLC


SKU: FS-FORM-FLLC Categories: , Tags: ,


Register your LLC as a foreign Limited Liability Company (Foreign LLC)

Only a law firm, with certified paralegals and licensed attorneys working on your matter. Our exclusive benefits include:

What’s Included:

  • Lawyer Defined (TM). Only the very best will do for our clients.
  • Work With Professionals. L4SB employs certified paralegals and trained legal assistants, with immediate escalation to attorneys as necessary.
  • Same Day Service
  • Automatic Privacy. We only convey the absolutely minimum necessary to the state, in an attempt to maximize your privacy.
  • Articles of Organization. Used to obtain the stamped Articles or Certificate of Organization.
  • Stamped Articles / Certificate of Organization. Necessary to open a bank account, and depends on the state of formation.
  • Registered Agent Service. Legally required to receive legal notices and service of process.
  • Name Availability Verification
  • Compliance Assistance. Our systems will notify you of important dates and upcoming compliance tasks.
  • Personalized Dashboard. We are investing heavily in technology, and constantly adding new features to make it easy to keep informed, seek guidance, obtain assistance, and more.
  • Bank Account Anywhere. You can obtain a bank account anywhere in the US with our Foreign LLC’s.
  • From Cradle to Grave. Filing a foreign entity may be your first interaction with us — we’ll be here to help you at every step, to provide legal assistance, advice, documents and much, much more (additional fees may apply).
Lawyer Defined (TM)

A L4SB exclusive. This means guaranteed high-quality processes and documents, to maximize your security, privacy, liability and asset protection, and much more. We won’t let you do something that can jeopardize your long-term safety, like our competition. For example, when our competition says you can use their address and provide “free mail service,” doing this violates USPS rules and therefore could be used against you and your company by a plaintiff’s attorney, if you ever found yourself in a lawsuit. We will also advise you, and help you setup your organization structure properly to maximize tax benefits, minimize liability, and ensure legal compliance in all jurisdictions you may operate.

Registered Agent Services

A registered Agent is a person or company with a mailing address (not PO box) in the state your company is registered who can receive service of process and governmental notices on behalf of your company. This is not a physical address for your company. The Law 4 Small Business difference: You’re not alone — We review legal notices sent to your company, and will give you feedback / guide you, if requested.

No Attorney-Client Privilege and Confidentiality

Our Foreign LLC is a filing service, not a legal service. Therefore, this service should NOT be viewed as conveying general legal attorney-client privilege and confidentiality, like our attorney consults do. When you order an attorney consult, the communications and conversations with our attorneys are subject to attorney-client privilege and confidentiality, to the extent we can convey it, in the states we’re licensed. Such attorney-client privilege and confidentiality does not exist for this particular service. Please do not disclose any information to us, that you would view as privileged and/or confidential.

This is a Filing Service, not a Legal Service

Legal services are governed by each state’s Professional Rules of Conduct, which convey numerous duties and obligations on attorneys that you may not normally expect. For example, when performing legal services, it’s critical an attorney does not create a conflict of interest with the client, as well as inform the client of any conflicts of interest. In this instance (for our Foreign LLC filing service), we do not view nor treat this service as a legal service and therefore do not perform conflicts checking.

Client understands and acknowledges that purchasing the services herein are subject to the following:

General Terms and Conditions

  • This service includes our preparation, processing and handling (valued at $150) of your formation, and the submission of your application (remainder of fees). Our services are completed once your entity is registered, and we’ve completed any additional options or professional assistance you ordered.
  • We cannot guarantee that your company name is available in the state or states you want to registeerd, nor that it can be filed exactly as you’ve requested. For example, while your company is fine in its domestic state, there could be a pre-existing company with the same name in the state you want to register your company. If this happens, there may be extra fees related to filing a DBA or taking other measures to deal with the problem.
  • You will be billed $129/year after the first year, for Registered Agent services. If you cancel, we will resign as your Registered Agent and your LLC will go into “not good standing” with the Secretary of State and eventually be dissolved, if you do not find a replacement Registered Agent.
  • Expedited times are approximates only. Law 4 Small Business will usually process your order in 1 to 2 business days, but we are dependent on the relevant state agencies and sometimes, the US Postal Service.

Refund and Cancellation Policy

  • We will REFUND YOU IN FULL, at your request, provided we have not performed any services on your behalf. There is NO REFUND for completed services.
  • Note that our services INCLUDE preparation, processing and handling (valued at $150), even if we end up not registering your company (for whatever reason). Therefore, if we’ve spent time on your behalf in the preparation, processing or handling of your order, we reserve the right to deduct $150 from any refund you request. Preparation, processing and handling includes trying to contact you to verify and approve our work, even if you fail to respond to us.
  • We will cancel your order, at our discretion, if you are unresponsive or otherwise fail to answer our questions to our satisfaction. If we cancel for this reason, we will NOT issue you a refund unless you request it. If you do request it and we issue a refund, it will be less $150 for our services related to the preparation, processing and handling of your order, and less any other services we have provided (i.e. if you ordered a document, and we sent you that document, we will deduct the cost for that document from your refund). Typically, we will not cancel your order, unless we have been unable to move your order forward for eight (8) months or more.
  • We will first attempt to issue you a refund using the same payment method you used to pay for your order. If that fails (i.e. because we’re beyond the deadline to do this — typically six (6) months for credit cards), we will issue a check to the name used on the payment method (i.e. if Joe ordered from us, but used Jane’s credit card, we will issue the refund to Jane).

Important LLC Disclaimers

  • L4SB makes no representation as to whether you are “transacting business” in your home state, or any other state. If you decide you’re transacting business in state other than the state where your LLC is formed, talk to L4SB to discuss registration requirements in any state where you may be “transacting business”.
  • Attorney-client privilege and confidentiality is not absolute. If L4SB is subpoenaed by a court or state entity of competent jurisdiction, L4SB will have to respond although L4SB will coordinate with you and/or your local attorney.
  • It is critical you do not commingle funds, undercapitalize your LLC, or do anything else that would permit a plaintiff to “pierce the corporate veil”, otherwise you could lose your liability protection. Talk to L4SB to learn more.
  • You may be required to file initial reports or annual reports for your LLC. We are not responsible for these reports, although we will answer your questions if you ask us.

No, it is not.

Think of a “Foreign LLC” as sort of like dual citizenship: You have two passports from two different countries, indicating that you are a citizen of two countries. You’re still one person. One social security number (at least from the US).

A Foreign LLC (or Foreign Corporation) is very similar: It’s one company that is registered in two or more states, so that it is lawful to conduct business in those states.

Depending on the tax status of your company, it could complicate taxes. For example, if your LLC is taxed as a C-Corp, them you will need to apportion your company’s revenues between the various states its registered, and submit appropriate state tax income returns. Please consult with a tax professional to better understand how this works.

No, you do not.

But, it’s very hard to answer which states you do need to register your company in.

Our advice is as follows: You should be registering your company in each state that you’re lawfully “conducting business in”, as each state individually defines “conducting business” in their state.

It’s really hard to give you a set of rules for all states. What we can say is, if you’re “purposefully availing yourself” of a state, you’re doing business in the state. What is “purposefully availing yourself?” If you have a base operations in a state, that’s probably “purposefully availing yourself.” So would having W2 employees in a state. And, singling out a state for marketing purposes. Another general rule is, if 25% or more of your income is coming from one particular state, then you’re probably doing business in that state.

Each company is different, though, and just because you’re a consultant and a big client is in a state for 6 months, then you’re off to another state, probably doesn’t rise to the level of “conducting business in” a state. You really need to consult with a locally licensed business attorney to help you understand what a specific state’s requirements are, and whether your business falls within those requirements.

All we can do at L4SB, is provide general guidance.