Law 4 Small Business has a Join or Leave a Partnership plan which has many valuable benefits with regards to partnerships. Your matter will be handled by an experienced business transaction attorney who will: do a 1-pass review and edit of your closing documents, check for logical consistency and fit with your expectations, identify and easily list any issues, offer 15 minutes of free Q&A.
Additional add-ons to the Join or Leave a Partnership plan include 24-hour turnaround service and other legal services. If you’re interested, find out more by giving us a call today.
Steps to take when leaving or dissolving a partnership:
- Review the agreement in order to follow the dissolution protocol.
- Discuss the fact that you want to leave or dissolve the partnership with your partner, here you can start to chat about the debts, liabilities and how to end things.
- File a dissolution of partnership form to announce the end of the partnership formally.
- Notify your employees, customers, landlord, government entities, etc.
- Settle and close all accounts, bank accounts, and pay up all your debts, and then distribute all assets as per the agreement.
To ensure you’re upholding your legal obligations for both joining and leaving a partnership, it’s a good idea to consult with an experienced business attorney. An attorney will help you navigate your way through any specific rules for start-up and dissolution.
The Law 4 Small Business Difference
We take client satisfaction seriously. We are not in the business of up-selling or pushing services that won’t help you. We work as your partner to get the job you expect done.
L4SB is your long-term partner to help you and your business with the inevitable ups-and-downs, and everything in between.
We’re business lawyers, and we understand many small- and medium-sized businesses struggle just to meet payroll, let alone pay for legal services. That’s why we offer a range of flat-rate services, and reasonable hourly rates for everything else.
REAL LAWYERS REAL ADVICE
With over 200 years of combined business law experience, you can count on getting sound advice and solid representation.